Please note: We have heard from our printer that due to COVID-related staffing shortages as well as a significant malfunction in one of their printing machines, the plan book will be significantly delayed in reaching our distribution warehouse. The printer is working to expedite the order, but unfortunately, the shipment is delayed until September.
This is a plan book for school-based, home-based, and community-based educators who believe that young people can, will, and already do change the world. It is designed to help educators translate their vision of a just education into concrete activities.
This year’s calendar features all new historical anniversaries and birthdays. The newest edition has all the things you would expect in a lesson plan book, plus:
- Weekly planning pages packed with important social justice birthdays and historical events
- References to online activities, resources, and lesson plans related to those dates
- Tips from social justice educators across the country
- Inspirational quotes to share with young people
- Thought-provoking essential questions to spark discussion on critical issues
- Reproducible social justice awards
- and much more
Planning to Change the World is created by the Education for Liberation Network with the support of Rethinking Schools. All proceeds from the sale of the plan book support the work of these two organizations.