Thanks to a generous donation, Rethinking Schools is giving away 300 copies of Teacher Unions and Social Justice for use in book study groups.
We encourage groups of education activists (educators, community members, and students) to apply for free copies of the book to start a study group.
Interested in starting a group? Here’s how to get started:
- Get together a group of education activists. We recommend groups with 5-15 participants.
- Get copies of the book! To apply to receive free copies of the book for your study group, click here. We will be accepting applications through Wednesday, March 31, 2021. We’re also offering individuals participating in study groups a 25% discount for additional books with code TUSJSTUDY. For groups interested in bulk orders of 41 or more books, email firstname.lastname@example.org for special deals.
- Download the Discussion Guide. It’s free! The discussion guide includes questions and activities designed to help plan for a variety of learning formats.
- Schedule your first meeting. Sessions between 40-90 minutes work well.
- Request a co-editor or contributor virtual visit. Study groups interested in a possible virtual visit from a contributor or editor should let us know. We can’t guarantee availability, but we will do our best to get you connected.
- Watch your email for book selection updates. We will select book recipients and contact the lead organizer of each group by Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
If you organize a study group, we’d also love to see a photo or screenshot of your group or selfies of participants with the book! Please send us pictures and comments or tag us on Twitter at @rethinkschools to let us know how it goes!
For questions, email email@example.com.